Skip hire FAQ’s

Skip hire FAQ’s

We supply a full range of skips from 2 yard mini skips up to 30 yard roll-on-off containers.

For domestic use we would usually recommend 4 yard midi skip or a larger standard builder’s skip. These can be placed by our very experienced drivers on your property or on the road (pending the usual permit obtained from the local authority).

Can I order online?

We will be providing this service very soon. In the meantime please call our helpful and experienced staff to talk you through all your needs.

What access do I need to provide for the skip?

We require about a 3m (10’) width to place the skip within and 3.7m (12’) in height (please remember telephone cables, power lines, trees, etc.).

Can we put the skip on the public road?

We can arrange, for a small fee, a special permit with the local council to place a skip on the road.

How long can I keep the skip for?

Our competitors will hire you a skip for 5-7 days then either remove it or charge you more money to keep it. At Carr & Bircher Skips Limited we want our customer’s to feel that they can finish the job before we remove the skip; we would normally allow 2-3 weeks for this.

Do you supply boards for the skip to be placed upon?

No. For a small fee, we can provide boards should they be requested.

What can’t I put in the skip?

Fridges, freezes, gas bottles, liquids, asbestos and anything hazardous; we can remove hazardous waste on separately arranged contracts. The skip must not be overfilled or be used to have fires.